Macs Easier to hack into than windows?

Reaction score
I was having a debate with someone on FB.

He quoted: Mac fanboys always say Macs are better than Windows. Except they aren't flawless, they are easy to hack into. I'll admit they have been good for graphic design and photography but that was more the software developed independently for them, not the Mac itself. I will also admit since their bailout by Microsoft they have helped push forward technology, yet others were able to catch up and easily surpass them every time"

What do you have to say about that?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If this were true…we would have a ton of Mac virus's.

But what does exist??…a ton of Windows virus's. So which platform is easier to hack.;)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What do you have to say about that?

Typical Windows user and Mac wannabe. ;) Nick gave you a good answer, enough said.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Mac fanboys always say Macs are better than Windows. Except they aren't flawless, they are easy to hack into. I'll admit they have been good for graphic design and photography but that was more the software developed independently for them, not the Mac itself. I will also admit since their bailout by Microsoft they have helped push forward technology, yet others were able to catch up and easily surpass them every time"
Ask for evidence. Unless they have irrefutable proof, this claim is as valid as saying that the sky is purple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Even better do not get into debates with someone like that who obviously knows nothing about the Unix operating system.

And of course we all know the sky is green and it is falling!

M

MacInWin

Maybe this thread belongs in Schweb's lounge?

As for my opinion, I'd ask for concrete information about all those
others [who] were able to catch up and easily surpass them every time

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If that were the case riddle me this batman, why does my New Toshiba laptop with Windows 8.1 get compromised all the time now with me being careful and my Macs (Yes Plural with OSX from 10.6.8 - 10.10.4) never seem to have issues?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.