Equivalent to ms paint...?

Reaction score
Ok, I'm looking for something on Mac that's comparable to MS Paint.
Here is what I'm looking for so you'll know WHAT I need it for.
I'm needing an app that will allow me to move an image around, shrink the size, add multiple pictures to make one large "collage" type picture, add space before or after an image (say for a logo that I'm trying to center in white), etc. I just need something basic that I can move images around, size them etc. Please assist. Nothing I've found in the app store is helping... I don't want an app to doodle with, I want to move and edit pictures around like you can Copy & Paste them on MS Paint.

**PICTURE IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT I MEAN** found on google images
maxresdefault.jpg
Thanks!

Jessica

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Ok, I'm looking for something on Mac that's comparable to MS Paint.
Here is what I'm looking for so you'll know WHAT I need it for.
I'm needing an app that will allow me to move an image around, shrink the size, add multiple pictures to make one large "collage" type picture, add space before or after an image (say for a logo that I'm trying to center in white), etc. I just need something basic that I can move images around, size them etc. Please assist. Nothing I've found in the app store is helping... I don't want an app to doodle with, I want to move and edit pictures around like you can Copy & Paste them on MS Paint.

Hi Jessica - welcome to the forum! :)

First, please provide some information on your Mac computer (model/year) and OS X installed - also, how much RAM to you have in the machine & what is its storage capacity - might be useful?

Second, there are a number of options but let me just get started by mentioning two - Preview is an app already built into OS X which allows image manipulation, i.e. cropping, resizing, and many other features (also a great PDF reader) - see the first image below - I have opened a pic and then clicked on the Markup Toolbox (blue arrow) which opens the lower menu bar; clicking of the resizing tool (red arrow) opens a dialog box where you can adjust the size.

Lastly, Keynote, part of the iWork Suite is like PowerPoint - multiple images can be inserted into a presentation and easily repositioned and resized (other options such as adding borders are available). Text can be easily added - see the second image below where I put into two pics, resized to fit the horizontal dimension, and then added the text box (plenty of fonts, sizes, colors, etc. features). Check the App Store for current cost (likely $20) - some more information HERE - let us know if these suggestions may work for you and/or post back w/ other questions. Dave

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 11.50.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-15 at 11.54.23 AM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.