How to stop Pages inserting a link when I type @?

Reaction score
Pages, rather like Word, blindly inserts a hyperlink into a document every time I type an e-mail address. Of course, this can be removed via the Format Menu, but is there anyway of setting things up so that a link does not automatically appear when it sees @.
Thanks in advance.
M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
The only way I know of in Pages, is to ⌃+click or right click the email link, then Edit Link, and click 'Remove'. This will take away the link properties of the email. Its a 10 second job, and works well.
I tried to escape the @ character, but that only worked to not include everything in front of the escape, so this seems to be the only way to do it.

HTH

Cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Or, simply spell out the email address. (Brent at gmail dot com) ;)

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions - guess I'll grit my teeth and carry on with the "Remove Link" command. But you have to remember to leave a space otherwise the wretched link reappears.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.