Drafts in Mail 8.2

Reaction score
I'm now using Mail 8.2 and have noticed that an e-mail that has been saved in Drafts and has later been amended before being sent will sometimes remain in Drafts. I know that the e-mail has gone because I can see it in Sent items. Of course, I can and do delete the partially-completed e-mail from Drafts but this is irritating and can be confusing. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug of some kind?
Thanks in advance.
M

M

MacInWin

I'm seeing the same thing. I assume it's a bug. I just delete them from draft once I know they are sent.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks but not sorting out such a bug is a bit weedy, isn't it?
Surely 8.2 has been around for quite a while by now.
M

M

MacInWin

The bug just appeared in one of the recent updates. I have no idea how long it's been lurking, but I noted it in the last few months, certainly less than a year.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks ... just Googled the matter and found a discussion on the Apple site. People are coming up with complicated workarounds but this should not be necessary. I wish Apple would just fix this bug; it was not present in earlier versions of Mail.
I wonder whether people from Apple read this forum.
M

M

MacInWin

Some might, but if you really want action, post a bug report with Apple. Don't depend on them to find a post in a forum, even if it is one they host. I figure somebody has done it already, so I'll just wait for a fix.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.