Ghostery program won't install

Reaction score
Trying to install Ghostery, after reading about it in my journalists' trade union mag. Safari won't let me install at all, and Firefox (which I use for all those websites that don't like Safari) just keeps giving me escalating levels of warning messages - anyone else have experience with this program?

Reaction score
That seems odd,I've had Ghostery installed on Firefox for ages with no problems.I just found it on Add-Ons and chose it to install,didn't get any warnings or anything like that.Are you trying to install from some other website?

M

MacInWin

If you are getting a message about how Ghostery didn't come from Apple, the way to get it installed is tonight-click on the installer file (Control-click also works) and then acknowledge the warning that it's not from Apple, let it install and you should be good to go. What I think you are seeing is a bit of protection Apple has built in to try to keep users from installing software that hasn't been checked for safety from Apple. Ghostery from the source ferrarr pointed to is safe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.