iTunes add to playlist keyboard shortcut

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been searching google for the past 2 days and I can't find anything about how to do this? Am I the only guy that would like a keyboard shortcut to add to playlist with w/e song is playing??

I'm going through 1TB of music and trying to find what to keep so i'm trying to keep it short and sweet when i'm adding the song to the playlist.

Anybody have any assistance for me with this problem??

OP
B
Reaction score
Alright guys. So I literally searched for 2 days and found nothing. As soon as I post this questions I stumbled across the script for it :). Here is is.

tell application "iTunes"
if player state is not stopped then
set curTrack to current track
with timeout of 300 seconds
set thePlaylist to (choose from list ¬
(get name of every user playlist whose smart is false and special kind is none) ¬
with prompt "Copy \"" & (name of curTrack) & "\" to..." OK button name ¬
"This Playlist" without multiple selections allowed) as text

if thePlaylist is "false" then
return
else
set thePlaylist to playlist thePlaylist
end if
end timeout

try
if not (exists (some track of thePlaylist whose database ID is (get curTrack's database ID))) then ¬
duplicate curTrack to thePlaylist
end try

end if
end tell

I personally changed this section ---- set thePlaylist to (choose from list ¬
(get name of every user playlist whose smart is false and special kind is none) ¬
with prompt "Copy \"" & (name of curTrack) & "\" to..." OK button name ¬
"This Playlist" without multiple selections allowed) as text
to set thePlaylist to "iPod Classic"

because that's the playlist I want no matter what but if you keep it the same it will prompt you for what playlist.

Also I get a workaround error but I just click ok and it still adds the song so that is WAY easier than going to the other computer and click the elipse --> then add to --> then the playlist.

That script was taken from http://dougscripts.com/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.