Problems using Gmail on a Mac

Reaction score
I am unable to log into my Gmail account on my Macbook Pro from any browser other than Chrome.
When I log in with Firefox or Safari I get an error message saying that the page was not redirected properly or that cookies are not enabled (they are.) I've got a Mcbook Pro from 2012 running OS 10.10.3.
I stopped using Chrome as my browser of choice because it kept crashing my Mac, but it would nice to be able to read my e-mail on my laptop again.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You've got other problems if you can't use Safari or FF to access your gmail account. And to expand on that, if Chrome is crashing your MacBook Pro, it may be time to run Disk Utility and see if there are errors with your hard drive.

OP
C
Reaction score
better once I turned off disk encryption

In running a disk check I was reminded that I had File Vault turned on for my hard drive. I turned it off and decrypted the drive before rerunning the disk check. No errors were found.
I still can't access Gmail from Firefox or Safari. However, Chrome is no longer crashing my Macbook--so there's that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.