problem in wifi connection

Reaction score
Hi!
I cannot connect my apple devices to home TP-Link modem. For the mac I can not even "switch on" the wireless! I have searched into the internet to find and try many advices, For example, to inactive, delete the wifi from network preference, and restart the mac, But it doesn't work. wifi connection could connect to other routers, and also I am sure of the connection of the modem, because I can connect my windows laptop and Android cell phone to this modem.

For my iPad the problem is I could see the modem's name on wifi, But once to connect, It just keep to connect and disconnect for one second repeatedly! For iPad I have tried to reset the network, restart, but still doesn't work!

I would be grateful if there is a help.
I've got tired to try many things!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Hi! I cannot connect my apple devices to home TP-Link modem. For the mac I can not even "switch on" the wireless!

Is this modem a ADSL or cable modem? Or is it in addition to another modem? Is the TP-Link a new addition to your network?

wifi connection could connect to other routers,

I am not sure what you mean by this???

and also I am sure of the connection of the modem, because I can connect my windows laptop and Android cell phone to this modem.

So the windows and android devices are connecting through the TP-link modem to the internet without any issues?

For my iPad the problem is I could see the modem's name on wifi, But once to connect, It just keep to connect and disconnect for one second repeatedly! For iPad I have tried to reset the network, restart, but still doesn't work!

It is beyond weird that only your apple devices are not connecting.

What is handling your DHCP? There should be only one device handing out IP addresses (DHCP) and acting as your gateway to the internet. Are there any other modems or routers running on the network? Do you have a Time Capsule connected to your network?

As much detail as you can provide about how your network is set up will help.

Lisa

OP
F
Reaction score
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for you're response and sorry for being unclear. My problem in wifi connection is just with a modem router, something like 150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router TD-W8901N - Welcome to TP-LINK
At the moment I am not sure of the model, it connects to a computer by LAN and also by Wifi.

I have checked my Macbook and also iPad's Wifi, to connect to different modems, There was no problem. I think Macbook and iPad's wifi connection work properly, the main problem is with my router. Sometimes, To connect a windoes laptop, I just need to restart this modem and then it works well. my android device connect to this router without any issue.

I have just found, I might need to upgrade the modem firmware, I haven't checked it.
In fact, I am not good in meaning of DHCP and Time Capsule. I have just checked the IP, which is something like: 192.168.1.100? And after searching about Time Capsule I think there is no Time Capsule connected to this network.

Thank you again,
Farasma

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I use a TP-LINK dual channel and it is no trouble at all runnning on the 5GHz channel. How old is your TP-Link and have you run that firmware update check? For mine, about three years is all I get out of a router.

I suggest you try re-setting the router, and doing clean setups via the browser address from your user manual.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
The fact you are having to occasionally reset the TP-Link router for the Windows to connect and the Apple products won't connect at all tells me there is either a firmware update needed for your modem, your settings in the modem are wrong or you need to replace the modem. The fact the modem is an N speed at 150mps tells me there is a bit of age on it.

I will tell you Apple products can be picky about how a router handles connection protocols and this could be the issue.

My question about the time capsule was to see if you were using an Apple time capsule for backup as they can be the issue if not set up correctly. As for DHCP - with only the one modem that tells me it is the device handling it for you.The modem is where you are getting your IP address (192.168.1.100) which is what your computer needs to communicate with other computers - along with a bunch of other things.

I would start with updating the firmware followed by running the modems setup wizard if it has one. If that does not fix the issue I would consider replacing it.

Lisa

OP
F
Reaction score
Dear Lisa and harryb,

My problem in Wifi connection is solved by upgrading the firmware and configing the modem. Thank you both.

Farasma

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.