Replacement bottom case screws

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Hello there

Somehow the screws in the bottom case have been unscrewing themselves and falling. I was only able to catch 1 and lost a couple because they're really tiny. Right now the bottom case is very loose because a couple of screws are missing and I would like to have those replaced. We don't really have an actual "Apple store" in Cairo, but rather official resellers and a technical support team which doesn't really understand what it's doing more or less. I was wondering if it would be possible to install screws that aren't actually by Apple but are the exact same size? And if so, what is the size of the screws?

And one more thing, the "V" button on my keyboard keeps popping out when I am typing fast, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can probably find "screw sets" on eBay or if you do find some in Cairo of the right size, they can be used. As far as the size goes, check with www.ifixit.com to see if you can get the correct size from there. They also should have instructions on how to re-seat the "V" key. Or, you can check the many YouTube videos available on how to re-seat the keys on your MacBook Pro keyboard.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
As you said, I found the screw set on ifix it: https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Mac/Ma...ugh-Mid-2012-Lower-Case-Screw-Set/IF163-050-1

And they are:

Three 14 mm Phillips #00 screws
Seven 3 mm Phillips #00 screws

I'll pay a visit to the Radioshack store near me and show them that webpage, hopefully they can find similar screws that would fit properly. If not, I may just go ahead and order them from the website although I must find an online payment method from where I live first since you can't really pay with a Credit Card from over here.

As for the keyboard, I am going to go on YouTube and see if I can replicate the steps.

Thanks for your reply!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.