Can't get a window to close in mail

Reaction score
A message I sent got shot back to me and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to close the window. It is driving me crazy. I quit mail but when I open it back up the message failure reappears. I cannot scroll to the bottom of the message where I believe I can actually close the window and I can only minimize or maximize the message in the top left corner, not close it. The message reads: Cannot send message using the server Gmail. The server “smtp.gmail.com” did not recognize the following recipients:

Then it lists a slew of email addresses as I was emailing a bunch of coworkers

Then at the very bottom it reads this but I cannot scroll any further down:

The server response was: Your message has too many recipients. For more information regardingGoogle’s sending limits, please visit:http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=22839 nm6sm13374741pbc.75 - gsmtp
Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try

And that's it. Here's the info for the computer I'm running. Any help would be much appreciated.

MacBook Pro
OS X Yosemite
2.9GHz intel core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Have you selected it then tried to delete it either by clicking the trash can or going to Edit -> Delete?

Lisa

OP
Reaction score
Thank you for getting back to me. The message is in it's own window and there is no option to delete on the dropdown menu and the trash icon isn't accessible either.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Not really a fix - You might try a couple of different screen resolutions to see if one of them will show you the whole window.

Or try pressing the tab key, then enter

Doesn't work, quit mail, reopen it, press tab key twice and press enter... etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.