Macbook pro display issues/kernel panic(?)

Reaction score
I have 2013 15" Macbook Pro retina display. I've always played a variety of games over the years and never had an issue, but yesterday I began having an issue playing Borderlands 2 (I've had it for 2-3 years without any problems) where my display would suddenly turn off and everything is non-responsive. With a bit of experimenting I discovered this happens when playing any video game, after some amount of time. It seems that the more rendering required for the game, the faster everything goes dark. I tried reinstalling Yosemite, which didn't help but now I get error reports that mention kernel panic, in addition to the original problem. I can't find any info on this problem anywhere else - if anyone is familiar with these issues or can offer any advice, that would be great! This is my last resort before taking it to the Apple store.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.