System Reset?

G

getor

It took me 20 years but I have finally converted from PC to Mac - and so far so good!

Regardless of what can be said about MS, their XP "system reset" function is very elegant - a simple way to reset the system to as they were at a predefined time.

This would have been a very nice option for me right now as during the course of my Mac exploration I happen to do things that should not have been done: as fouling up the Airport settings the other day ending up with spending 45 minutes with a not too impressive Apple Support.

So - is there hidden somewhere a "mild" system reset function in OS X Panther (incl. latest updates) - that does not clean out everything of course? I run a PowerBook G4 1,25 Superdrive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i think you mean the system restore thing in windows XP. I don't believe that there is anything built into OS X but I am pretty sure DiskWarrior does what you are looking to do

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am still, trying to understand the question since I don't have or used XP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
XP has a tool called System Restore

What it does is you create a restore point and it creates an image of all of your settings and programs. You can then go to the system restore program and choose any date you want and flash your system back to then. its not actually a backup utility or anything like that it just reverts all the settings and stuff like that

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.