Where has iPhoto gone???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am very disappointed that Mac-Forums should have completely removed my earlier discussion and questions regarding the disabling of my 2 month old Mac Mini with PHOTOS after updating to 10.10.3 as we were just starting to find answers, maybe Apple did not like the comments. It used to be that Apple had a 10 year policy, that every new update would WORK with the previous ten years of Applications ..

For those that were following it for useful comments, it was thanks to ‘Ferrarr:’ the key turned out to be, RESTART the computer after putting the struck out iPhoto icon into the Trash. When you switch it back on, iPhoto WILL be available to download under your purchases in the App.Store. However if you are in the same boat as Me, you will get no further as of this point in time.

Today I have 10.10.3 installed together with iPhoto-9.6.1 - PHOTOS-1 - iTunes-12.1.2.27 & iOS-8.3 on the iPhone & iPad. All can see each other but none will talk to the iPhone/iPad to update it.

After a 2 & a half hours Chat with Apple on this matter before finding this Forum, I was provide with a code - <CODE> - to redeem something ‘I was given to understand’ was to sort this out - for the first 2 days after entering it, the message was ‘being modified, try later’. Yesterday it was THERE, after clicking it the message changed to ‘your app is downloaded’ - it is not on the desk top or in the Download folder, or installed into iPhoto or PHOTOS - I now enter it again and the message is ‘the code has been redeemed’. Apple are totally dead on the matter, customers do not matter, once they have your money

Constructive ideas welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
First, Mac-Forums is not affiliated with Apple Inc. They have their own discussion forums separate from us. We do not delete posts that have a favorable or unfavorable view of Apple, only posts that violate our guidelines are closed or deleted.

Next, I believe the Photos app replaces the iPhoto app on OS X. Did Photos not import all of your iPhoto library and make it available? It did for me.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I believe it was deleted by an admin because you keep saying Photos blocked iPhoto and that is not true and causing people here to question something and doubt.

Your UN-UPDATED iPhoto was the issue and nothing to do with Photos.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@wingrove:

The discussion was removed because it was devolving into arguments between you and other posters. We do not allow that. Also, enough has been said by you over this. If you have anything further to discuss about Photos or the lack of iPhotos, I suggest you take it up with Apple. This discussion is closed and any further posting by you on the same subject will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.