Photos sorting options

Reaction score
Am I missing something? Are the only sort options “by date” and “Drag and Drop” starting with some random order? I had hoped that the new App would be better than iPhoto.
When I select sort “by date” Photos seems to sort by: 1) Creation Date, 2) Date Last Modified, or 3) some random corruption of the date (it in no way matches anything in the metadata of the original). This is not very helpful.
How about one more menu item? Say, perhaps “by Filename,” since that is available to basically ALL other Apps and all Operating systems on all personal computers. It would sure be nice to have something standard when I’m dealing with a 500 – 700 image slideshow on multiple platforms as they can often get out of order in transport and at that size fixing it with Drag & Drop doesn’t cut it.

C

chas_m

Yes, you're wrong. You can sort photos anywhere you want. I suggest you check the help guide built right into the application.

OP
O
Reaction score
No Luck

I installed Photos 1.0 two days ago and just checked everything in the help again. Anything that suggested find or search, tried the topic search box for sort and sort order - it responds with find instructions. Tried everything on the pull down menus. Tthe only menu item and the only reference to sort is: View: Keep Sorted By Date.
If there's something I'm missing I'd sure like to know where it is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.