What is this mark that has appeared out of no where on my apple watch?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're not sure what it is, return the watch to Apple before your free return period has expired. (Two weeks.) It's difficult to see anything from your included image.

OP
S
Reaction score
If you're not sure what it is, return the watch to Apple before your free return period has expired. (Two weeks.) It's difficult to see anything from your included image.

You can still see it though, its very strange because as much as I have tried cleaning the watch it just doesn't go away. I spoke to Apple about it and they have said I can return it, but of course that would mean waiting possibly months for a new Apple Watch when I was lucky enough to get one on the first day of release.

I am unsure what to do, I am kind hoping it goes away on its own but it seems unlikely.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I hear you, however, I would think after spending $$$ on a new Apple Watch, you would want one to be perfect without any blemishes or anomalies. Ask Apple if you return the watch they could give you some kind of priority in replacing it.

OP
S
Reaction score
I hear you, however, I would think after spending $$$ on a new Apple Watch, you would want one to be perfect without any blemishes or anomalies. Ask Apple if you return the watch they could give you some kind of priority in replacing it.

Yeah your right, I should probably do that and will give them a call tomorrow. My concern is i will get a watch with a much harsher problem than a streak on the screen, there has been many complaints regarding this new product. Fingers crossed I guess:)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I can't seem to see the blemish either in the photo. But regardless…if it's there…you certainly don't want to keep a less than perfect product (regardless of the time it takes to get a replacement).

So it comes down to how much does this imperfection bother you vs. the replacement time. Your call.:)

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
I can't seem to see the blemish either in the photo. But regardless…if it's there…you certainly don't want to keep a less than perfect product (regardless of the time it takes to get a replacement).

So it comes down to how much does this imperfection bother you vs. the replacement time. Your call.:)

- Nick

Hi, thanks for commenting.

If you zoom in on the picture, you can see a tick like streak in the top right of the picture, going down into the center. I guess I was hoping somebody would know what it was because if it IS something that goes away on its own (much like the glue problems that happens on phones) I was going to wait rather than replace, but if it isn't something that can go away I of course was going to ring Apple.

However it seems nobody knows the cause of the problem so I will just return it, regardless of the wait.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
However it seems nobody knows the cause of the problem so I will just return it, regardless of the wait.

The difficult thing is…these iWatches are so new…it's hard for many (or any) of us to have much experience (1st hand or 2nd hand) as to what it could be. And by the time some of us do know if it turns out to be a common problem…your return period will have expired.

I think you're making the right call by returning it.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
On the other hand... you got your first "scratch" over with and don't have to worry about it anymore. Enjoy. You can bang it around now (and it will get banged around - it's a watch) guilt free.

C

chas_m

As others have said, you should take that into a store and see what's up. From my own view of the picture, it looks like a crack in the glass to me, but of course I can't see it in person to be able to judge.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.