Keyboard shortcut for Move Into Trash on wireless keyboard, i.e. w.o. delete button

Reaction score
Hello

I'm using the Apple wireless keyboard and it doesn't have the delete button unlike the big sized wired Apple keyboards.

I frequently have to delete files when I work on files and to do that I always have to use Mouse left button and select Move Into Trash.

I googled a bit but could not find anywhere showing a keyboard shortcut for Move Into Trash on wireless keyboard. Are there any keyboard shortcut for Move Into Trash on wireless keyboard? Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm using the Apple wireless keyboard and it doesn't have the delete button unlike the big sized wired Apple keyboards.

Sure it does. The large delete button at the top right of the keyboard is a "backwards" delete key but by holding down the Fn key at the same time, it acts like a "forwards" delete key just like the large wired keyboard.

OP
O
Reaction score
I wish that was working but that works only for deleting letters inside the text. I want to delete the file.
To make it clear, here's the screenshot. I want to delete that file selected. In that position for example Cmd+O acts like the double-click and Open. I 'd like to have a similar keyboard shortcut to Move Into Trash. Thanks.
3DaDvp.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A1286 MBP5,3 running 10.9.5, iphone6, Mac mini1,1 A1176 120/2gb
Command + delete usually works for me.

OP
O
Reaction score
Sorry but that also doesn't (CMD + Del) work on my keyboard as my keboard doesn't have a "Del" button.

Just to eliminate any misunderstandings here is my keyboard.
b52D90.jpg

Reaction score
That's your Delete key, for future reference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Someone should find a key for the symbols used on the keyboard and post it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.