Bluetooth Speakers for MBP?

Reaction score
I’ve seen little Bluetooth speakers and am wondering whether they will amplify the sound from my MPB (OS 10.10.3). I don’t always want to wear headphones but find the volume from the built-in speakers is not loud enough.

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I’ve seen little Bluetooth speakers and am wondering whether they will amplify the sound from my MPB (OS 10.10.3). I don’t always want to wear headphones but find the volume from the built-in speakers is not loud enough...

Hi Mike... - there are plenty of 'small' BT speakers (often come as one unit) that will provide much more decent sound from your laptop (or iDevices) - I've had several 'travel' bluetooth speakers over the years - the current one that I carry 'on the road' is shown below, i.e. Inateck BT Speaker - checkout Amazon for pricing, about $50-$60, as I recall. Also, look at the review on the iPad Forums HERE - I participated (as 'giradman') and discussed my previous BT speaker (Monster Clarity) - Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 4.56.21 PM.png

OP
M
Reaction score
Well, that's a most comprehensive reply and an excellent demo on the YouTube link. I really am most impressed and will get one of these ASAP.
VMT for your help.
M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, that's a most comprehensive reply and an excellent demo on the YouTube link. I really am most impressed and will get one of these ASAP.
VMT for your help.
M

Glad to help - I use the speaker mainly in hotel rooms w/ my iPad Air 2 (which has 100+ hrs of MP3 music) - can have the iDevice charging in one location and the speaker next to the bed; the sound is pretty impressive for a room of that size - let us know your experience - this is an oft asked question. Dave :)

OP
M
Reaction score
I've now got the speaker and am very pleased with it.
Thanks again for your help.
M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've now got the speaker and am very pleased with it.
Thanks again for your help.

Congrats! Hope that you enjoy - just returned from a short trip and took the speaker along for some music in the hotel room - Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.