macbook Pro start-up problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Means your RAM is bad OR the motherboard is damaged and can't see the RAM.
Try - jiggling the RAM gently in place (to improve contacts).
- remove one RAM DIMM at a time - then try in other socket, etc. - different combinations.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202768

(PS - have you recently installed RAM?)
If you still need more help, please tell us some details - Mac model, year, OS version, etc.

OP
S
Reaction score
Usually bad hard drives don't involve any sort of beeping. But if a new HD solves the issue...you may have run into a very unusual bad HD symptom..."beeping".

Please let us know how things turn out.:)

- Nick

[I am very new to this nice forum,and I do not know the proper way to post:[]
I too have a very similar problem and I would very much appreciate any help. My mid 2012 macbook pro stopped working, with beeps every 2 or 3 seconds (not 3 beeps) continually, some time in December. RAM was changed, and new RAMs were added, but the result was the same. SUddently one day it started, and I kept it going only occasionally "Restarting" it (not switching it off). It worked perfectly for 5 months as though there was no problem whatsoever. Last week, I switched it off to see if it would start, but it does not start at all. It just beeps as before every couple of seconds non-stop. RAM was removed - one at a time - and put back, but there has been no effect at all. I would like to know what to do. I am not computer savvy. THanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I too have a very similar problem and I would very much appreciate any help. My mid 2012 macbook pro stopped working, with beeps every 2 or 3 seconds (not 3 beeps) continually, some time in December.

If you read my earlier post carefully…I mentioned that these beeps repeat over & over in a specific sequence. If your computer is not beeping in "sets of 3"…then how is it beeping??

This info will be a tremendous help in helping you.:)

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
start-up problem. Beeping.

Thanks for your concern.
It beeps every 4 seconds, each time the beep lasts just 1 sec or less. This beeping goes on and on.
Someone suggested pressing "D" while pressing the start button. It did not help. Also pressing the "Command" and "D" together while starting. THis hasn't helped either.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@sury:

Please do not double post the same question to two different threads. Let's keep it all in one thread. Both have been merged here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.