Photos : where is my photos library for use with Pages and Mail

Reaction score
Upgraded to latest Yosemite and naturally iPhotos became Photos. I stored my iPhotos library on an external drive and managed with some help from Apple support to point new Photos to the library on the external drive.

But when I open Pages and click Media I am not shown my photos library with all my existing Events - just the latest pictures taken since new Photos app. This is also the same for Mail and I guess will be the same for every application.

So how do I get Pages, Mail etc. to point to my photos library on my external drive?

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, updating to Yosemite did not change iPhoto to Photos. Your iPhoto app is still there and usable; the same for its library. There was no need to point the library to the new Photos app. I don't know exactly what you did, however, I just experimented with Pages, Media, and it had no trouble finding my library. Try using the search function in Pages when you click on Media (magnifying glass) and point it to your library on the external drive. Pages should then remember the location. You probably will have to do the same with the Mail app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.