Trying to force a new wifi log in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4ghz i5, iPad 2 32gb
I have just logged into a complimentary wifi service and have had the little pop up on my macbook asking to me join and so on. I did this and got the cheap wifi.

I have now just paid for premium faster access and however when i try to log in it just automatically connects me to the older free service and I don't get a chance to log in as the registered faster content customer, the log in box no longer appears.

I have tried 'forget this network' and however it still just automatically logs me in every time and i can't see to regain this log in pop up which i originally had so i can enter my details and get faster wifi. Does anyone know how i can do this?

This has also affected my iPhone even though i have 'forgotten this network' and I don't get a log in box anymore.

I have tried restarting both devices.

thanks for your help.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I don't know what OS version you're using (in case things are different from what I describe below). But if you go to:

- System Preferences
- Network
- click on the "Advanced" button

There's a feature to "Drag networks into the order you prefer." Maybe this will help if you haven't tried it yet.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.