mp3 convertor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powermacG5 2.3ghz 2gig ram running logicpro7
is there a program that changesthe bitrate of mp3's and also changes wav-mp3 and mp3-wav

cheers

Reaction score
itunes.... go into preferences, then advanced and then importing. you can change the encoding type, bitrate etc in there.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok i have a mp3 @ 256kbs but i want it at 192kbs

how would i do that?

Reaction score
Okay... with iTunes open, click iTunes (at the top of the desktop)>preferences>advanced>importing...

Where it says "Import using" select "MP3 Encoder" from the drop down menu next to it.

Where it says "Setting" click the drop down menu thingy and select "Higher Quality 192kbps" then click OK.

Now, in your iTunes library highlight/click on the mp3 you want to convert, click on Advanced (at the top of the desktop) and from the drop down menu click "Convert selection to MP3".

A copy of the original file should now be made at your chosen bittrate and you can bin the original.

Alternatively, if you're converting directly from a CD then set the bittrate in the preferences and simply drag the audio files into your library. They will be converted at your chosen bittrate.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks all thou everything is differnet to a pc am being to love my powermac.

just taking abit of time to get use to it :)

Reaction score
I'n new to this whole music on your computer thing that's been going on. I was hoping someone could explain to me the difference between the different encoding options in iTunes. (AAC, AIFF, Apple Lossless, MP3, M4A and WAV) I want to rip some cds into itunes to listen to on an ipod. Which would be my best encoding option in terms space used versus sound quality.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.