Ipad 3rd Boot loop

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Have an iPad 3rd Wifi only. It stuck on a boot loop with either iTunes logo or apple logo. Cannot restore / upgrade / downgrade, either error 9 or not eligible for update. Hard reset doesnt work either, have try with 3 different cables and tow computer. Even remove iTunes and reinstall. Any Idea? Going to Apple store this afternoon, don't really want to be charge big ££££
Thanks

Reaction score
I have the same issue

However mine is a Ipad2 mini.

When I am charging the Ipad the apple logo appears on the screen and it blinks every 10 sec. I seems like its going into some kind of boot loop, and can't charge.

I have tried to do a hard reset and to restore everything from scratch, but iTunes will not recognise the Ipad. I have even downloaded 3rd party software (careformac) to see if that could recognise the Ipad, but still without luck.

Any suggestions how to solve this?

Cheers
Anders

Reaction score
Well, I have tried that several times but every time Itunes recognises the Ipad, and begin the restore procedure I receive an error message 4005 - Ipad could not be restored.

The Apple logo is now flashing like it is trying to boot, but ends up in a loop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
There is nothing else to do but accept the fact that it's dead.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Well, I have tried that several times but every time Itunes recognises the Ipad, and begin the restore procedure I receive an error message 4005 - Ipad could not be restored.

The Apple logo is now flashing like it is trying to boot, but ends up in a loop.

Still under warranty? If it is, time to take it to Apple and have them look at it.

C

chas_m

Even if its not still under warranty, if there's an Apple retail store near you they should be able to take care of that for you in short order. I'd be surprised if there was a charge for that, unless it was obviously something you did (like jailbreaking it or something of that nature).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.