Signatures in Mail 8.2

Reaction score
I sometimes need to append a long disclaimer statement at the end of an e-mail and this is saved in Signatures. When I was using Mail 5, new messages would default to 'no signature' and if I needed the disclaimer I would scroll the little window to 'liability'.

Now with Mail 8.2 in Yosemite, the setting is the other way round and all my new e-mails default to the disclaimer unless I remember to select 'none'. I do usually remember to change but friends and family get a bit fazed when I forget!

Can someone pse tell me how to reverse the default so that there is normally no signature?

Thanks in advance.

M

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion.

I’ve been into Preferences for Mail 8.2 and fiddled around and also compared this signature set-up with the one that I had in Mail 4.6. However, despite my best efforts the situation remains as follows:

When I create a new e-mail in Mail 4.6, the little signature box on the right comes up with “None”; if I need to include the liability disclaimer, I scroll down to “Liability”.

However, when I create a new e-mail in Mail 8.2, the little signature box on the right comes up with “Liability” and the liability disclaimer is plonked automatically at the end of all my e-mails, including those to my Uncle Bob and anyone else!

Of course, I can (and usually do) remember at once to scroll up to “None” or to delete the liability disclaimer when I get to the end of the e-mail but sometimes when I’m in a hurry I omit to do this. Friends and relations then wonder why I’m including this pompous sounding blurb. I wish that I could make it default to “None”

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
In preferences selecting None gives me none on new messages.
That's not working for you?

Signatures 2015-04-27 15-33-30.png

OP
M
Reaction score
Ahhh-Haaaa! Yes, the "None" had been greyed out but now I see how it can be changed.

All is well ... and my Uncle Bob will be relieved.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Yes, I forgot to say, you have to pick an account first. Should work now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.