iMovie - Movie and slideshow in a single iMovie project

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to create an iMovie project that combines a slideshow AND a few imported videos. Is it possible to have both in a single project? Please do let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Simple answer: yes it is. Just drag in to the Project the required movies and photos.

OP
P
Reaction score
Simple answer: yes it is. Just drag in to the Project the required movies and photos.

Thank you so much for the prompt response. My sincere apologies for not having acknowledged your message earlier. I was tied up the last couple of days. For some weird reason, I have having trouble dragging the video into the project. Is there a specific place in the project dashboard that I must drag the video to? Please do let me know. Thank you once again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
You should just drag it into the Project Timeline. Which version of iMovie are you using and have you Imported the video into iMovie?

OP
P
Reaction score
You should just drag it into the Project Timeline. Which version of iMovie are you using and have you Imported the video into iMovie?

I actually got it to work....thank you so much..now, the only thing I have to figure out is how to make the project play from the middle. Every time I want to check on one specific part, it starts playing from the beginning - which is starting to get incredibly annoying. Any ideas? Thank you once again for your prompt help! Much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have to figure out is how to make the project play from the middle
Move the playhead to where you want to watch and click Play or use the Spacebar.

It would still help to know which version of iMovie you're using.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.