decision time

J

jdpfeil

I have been looking at new laptops for a while now and am ready to go ahead and make a purchase. I am a long-time pc user, but am interested in the thought of a mac. I mostly use my computer for music and movie ripping, digital photos, and web browsing. I really dont want a 17" screen bc they are just too big for me. Can anyone help me decide to get an ibook, powerbook, or macbookpro? The price for these is not an issue, but I don't want to pay lots of extra money for no real reason. Or would you recommend going with another pc? I appreciate any advice you can send my way.--Jeremy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0
jdpfeil said:
I have been looking at new laptops for a while now and am ready to go ahead and make a purchase. I am a long-time pc user, but am interested in the thought of a mac. I mostly use my computer for music and movie ripping, digital photos, and web browsing. I really dont want a 17" screen bc they are just too big for me. Can anyone help me decide to get an ibook, powerbook, or macbookpro? The price for these is not an issue, but I don't want to pay lots of extra money for no real reason. Or would you recommend going with another pc? I appreciate any advice you can send my way.--Jeremy

Wrong place to be asking that. Go for the MacBook I'd say. You will be up to date with the latest, with few drawbacks...for a few months. Some software is not ready for these new Intel machines. However, iTunes, iPhoto, Safari and Handbrake (i think) are ready.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.