Reputable Mac maintenance software

Reaction score
My Mac (Yosemite) is excruciatingly slow. Could anyone recommend a reputable software or app to clean and maintain the machine?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Most of our members seem to like Onyx. It will take care of most of your needs.

OP
P
Reaction score

Thank you for your effort, especially since you are not feeling well. I had this foolish idea, that forums are not necessarily for experts and veterans, but also for babes lost in the woods, like me.
I hope you get well soon. I'll pursue the issue to the best of my ability, although I believe that posting a permanent library of answers to most opften asked stupid questions is an excellent idea,

Thanks again.
Pustelnik38,
complete novice as a legacy 'hand me down' Mac user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
It's not a stupid question at all Pustelnik38, and I was just a bit off with my hasty reply, but maybe a suggestion for similar posts.

I'm sure you'll get better replies, but in order to help them, maybe you could describe what exactly is "slow", and some details of your Mac like: RAM memory amount installed, free disk space, user prefs login items, Mac's age etc.

OP
P
Reaction score

Please, think nothing of it. I am quite familiar with the mood you were in. I will get to work right away on gathering the requested info. I'll do my best to make it as clear and succinct as possible.
Thanks,
Pustelnik38

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
How odd half the threads seem to be missing.

However, what model Mac, how much memory and how much free space is available on the hard drive? Did you do an upgrade to Yosemite and from what operating system, please?

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.