Can't upload photos wirelessly - searches for access point

Reaction score
I have a brand new Canon Powershot SX600, am trying to upload photos wirelessly. It searches for my access point, the right point flashes up briefly on camera acreen, it then continues to search but never finds it. The camera is right next to my desktop Mac and a metre maybe from Sky router. When I called Canon last week it worked briefly but not now. Another Canon person said something about my having a weak wi-fi signal but I'm not convinced. The only other thing Canon have suggested is getting onto a neighbour's network but for all kinds of reasons I'm not keen on that.
Any help gratefully appreciated,

Michael, London, UK

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Does your home WiFi network use encryption and is it broadcasting the SSID? The built in WiFi capability of the SX600 should respond like any other WiFi device and ask for the password if your home network is protected. Also, does your network name (SSID) appear on the Canon screen? If all that is OK and you're still not having success, I would take the camera to somewhere that has free WiFi (perhaps a coffee shop) and test it there to see if it can access their network. If it doesn't work there either, it's time to take the camera back to where you purchased it from and request a refund or exchange.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.