How do I import full media into iMovie 10.0.7?

Reaction score
When I import media into iMovie, it breaks into clips. How do I keep my entire file together? I'm just trying to digitize home movies and don;t want it broken up into individual clips.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
What do you mean by clips? iMovie doesn't divide your video up. What ever the length of the video it should bring the whole clip in as one long segment.

What version of OS X and iMovie are you using?

Lisa

OP
J
Reaction score
I am using iMovie 10.0.7 with OSX Yosemtie 10.10.3. I should clarify, however, that I am inputing media off of a HD video camcorder. Each tape is an hour long and whenever there is a cut in the media, iMovie splices the footage and turns it into its own clip. This results in my linear tapes being broken into over 100 separate clips.

Reaction score
Hi

This doesn't sound as if it's a feature of iMovie. Rather, it suggests that the individual who shot the movie started, then stopped filming and then started again. Quite a few times….

As the movie is being ingested by iMovie, it recognises the different time stamps on each clip.

There will be no perceptible break when playing back the movie - but it might just making editing somewhat easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
As Mitcherooney says.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.