Spilt Coke on MBA 11". Potential harm?

Reaction score
I accidentally spilt some coke on the left side of the keyboard 2 months ago. I quickly turned it upside down and tried my best to clean the coke externally. It works perfectly well after that until now, no sign of liquid damage except for some sticky keys. Does it mean that the coke didn't get into the logic board under the keyboard? Is there any possibility that my MBA just dies up one day without any signs? I'm praying hard now

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Does it mean that the coke didn't get into the logic board under the keyboard? Is there any possibility that my MBA just dies up one day without any signs? I'm praying hard now

It is what it is. We know even less than you...since we cannot see, hear, touch, or smell your computer. Whether something will or won't go wrong...is difficult to predict.

Hopefully you've stopped drinking liquids around your computer!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Have a good read of this Sticky, http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/271875-official-i-spilled-liquid-my-macbook-what-do-i-do-now-thread.html but long story short Liquid + Electronics = Eventual Death.
You might not see anything wrong now or in the very near future, but at the end of the day, the little liquid that did get through, would of already started the corrosion process. I have seen plenty of threads that start out like this, and anywhere between the day the thread is posted, and up to 12 months after, people always come back saying their Mac has just died.
it is inevitable unfortunately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
That delay in problems occurring is so typical of corrosion damage to the logic board taking weeks to emerge alas. Liquids, and coke in particular, plus electronics = death.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.