How can I find the part number on my logic board?

Reaction score
I'm hunting for used logic board and need to be sure I get the correct part. I see a white sticker on the board with a bar code. Is that the part number?
Much thanks for your help.
Best regards,
RD

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Personally I don't recommend going the "replace logic board route" (see my comments on your other thread.

But as far as the part number. Either purchase a logic board advertised for your Powermac G5 2.3ghz (I'm not sure if it's a dual-core or dual cpu I don't think it was mentioned in the other thread).

Or go to powerbookmedic.com…look up your part…and there should be numbers you can compare to what you have.

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
Personally I don't recommend going the "replace logic board route" (see my comments on your other thread.

- Nick

Besides the ebay cd, why wouldn't you try the logic board?

btw, Thanks for the resource.

I can't tell (I haven't pulled off the heat sink) if it's a dual core or dual cpu.
How can I find that out. I know where to go if the system would stay on, but is there another way to find out?
Much thanks..

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Besides the ebay cd, why wouldn't you try the logic board?

As I mentioned…please see my comments in your other thread.:)

I can't tell (I haven't pulled off the heat sink) if it's a dual core or dual cpu.
How can I find that out.

There's a label on the case which gives the computers original shipping configuration. It's either in the area where the ports are…or inside the case (after removing the side access panel).

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.