Any programs available to store sensitive data?

D

dustonio

I would like to store some sensitive data on my mac such as online banking usernames/passwords, frequent flyer mileage numbers, passport number, etc.

Is there a program available that is made to do this? I currently store these items in Address Book, which isn't very secure. If somebody knew where to look they'd have access to all this information.

What do other people use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
OP
D

dustonio

surfwax95 said:
Data Keeper is free and very highly recommended.

Thanks for the tip. It seems that program would do the trick, but the link to the program from the URL doesn't work. I'm currently located in China, so I don't know if it's blocked or if the file is just no longer available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm...works for me in the States...let me try and find another link...

edit: Here's one from VersionTracker.

Here's another one from SoftPedia.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, sorry about that, maybe just try searching for it on Google? Maybe it's something about the links coming from an American server...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
You could always use "Keychain Access" which is built into OS X. Go to File:New secure note.

Or,

Open Disk Utility
Click "New Image"
Make it however big you want and turn encryption on

This creates a disk image on your desktop where you can drag files. When you eject the image, it is password protected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
pen paper and a file folder. i dont care how secure macs, or any computer, may be i would never store anything like that on my computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I also get the bad request page when trying to download the program. I also live in the states, so I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that you are in china.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.