10.10.3 meant to fix WiFi, but broke my working Wifi . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
There seems to be a little of this out in other forums, but I wanted to see, if anyone here has come across the issue.
Before the update, my Wifi on my iMac and MBP worked beautifully, but now it is a pain in the backside.
If any of the Macs are asleep for a ½hr or more, when it wakes up, I put in my password, and from there it takes 97 secs to have the Wifi working.
Example, is once my password is in, I'm in Safari, and I can usually refresh the page straight away, and I get email notifications flash across my screen, but now, the loading bar in Safari stays about ⅓ and doesn't move, and I then go to refresh Mail, and it too, just sits there idly, and does nothing.

When it does finally work, Mail comes through first, then Safari loads roughly 10sec later.
I have the Wifi diagnostic tool running now, says everything is OK, but will keep it running through my next Sleep, and wake and see what happens.
Im not sure if there is too many, if any here with the same issue, as I haven't come across a thread yet, but just seeing. There is plenty of post in the Apple Forums with this issue too, saying it broke their Wifi once updating to 10.10.3

I find it funny that its on both my machines, and not my partners.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not here Brent. Do you mean the actual OS X.10.3 update or the Supplemental Update which came out overnight?

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
The actual 10.10.3 update Harry.

I have also done the supplement, and there seems to be no change yet. There are a few so called fixes going around, so will report back, but the Wifi Diagnostics, was running when I last woke it, and tried to refresh Safari, and it says everything is OK.
All my other devices on the same network, connect and work straight from wake, but its just my MBP and iMac, and not my partners MBA . . .
Im going to work through a few fixes today, and see what happens at days end.

Reaction score
Same problem

I am having the same problem. Tech support at Apple told me to shut down machine and physically unplug power cord for at least 15 seconds. Plug it back in and restart machine. This worked for about an hour. I have been frustrated. I have OS X 10.10.3. Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have also done the supplement, and there seems to be no change yet. There are a few so called fixes going around, so will report back, but the Wifi Diagnostics, was running when I last woke it, and tried to refresh Safari, and it says everything is OK.

Brent:

Looks like 10.10.3 fixed some of the WiFi problems but may have broke others in the process. We've been through this before with other updates. The fiasco with Mountain Lion WiFi comes to mind. I remember fixing my problem with Mountain Lion by using my plist editor and changing several lines of code. I can't remember which plist right now but you can probably dig around and figure out which ones to change.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.