Epson Artisan 1430

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Can anyone recommend the Epson Artisan 1430 for producing vivid vector files?

Don't be discouraged by the lack of replies...
Most of the posts here are from people looking for help to fix something. I'd guess the number of folks with that particular model is small, and the vast majority of those aren't here.

I'll give you some input - but I don't have that model printer.
"In my opinion," Epson models give the "best" image quality. Canon second. But there's a BIG caveat. Epson models have issues that make this great image quality short-lived! Epsons have clogged print-head nozzles more often than other models. You end up going through lots of ink for "cleaning cycles." Sooner than you hoped, you end up buying another printer, out of frustration.

Yes I have Epsons - and they were my favorites until they clogged up.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to answer.

I am not printing images (photos) and don't work extensively in Photoshop. I used to do web design so I do have extensive knowledge of Photoshop. I'm doing wedding invitations and now primarily use Adobe Illustrator and InDesign. I use a Mac. I will be printing line (vector) art. But I would like my color vivid, vibrant, not dull.
I am hoping another graphic designer is able to respond to my needs. I had to return an Epson P600 because the wifi settings kept dropping and the color was not vibrant for vector art.
Joan B.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
I'd try a Canon model next.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.