• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

intel ibook?

B

Berman

Daddy Elmis said:
Is there any practical reason to wait for an intel iBook? I'm about to pull the trigger on an iMac and an iBook for the house (switching from PCs). The iMac has the Intel processors -- will the non-Intel iBook work betterer or worserer with that than an Intel iBook???

the intel ibook will surely be faster and hopefully they'll give it a screen that does better than 1024x768. those are both reasons to wait.

on the other hand, there's nothing really WRONG with the current ibook. i have an imac and an ibook, and i find the ibook to be a pleasant little travel companion. (it's a 12") i cart it to class every day and it generally goes everywhere to me. it's plenty fast for what i use it for. however, i'd love if the resolution could be upped. 1024x768 just isn't good enough.

B

Berman

Titom said:
I hope they come in some colors.

Even a light grey one would be nice.

they need to come in black, like the ipod nanos. come out with a 13.3" ibook with a bright high resolution screen, and make it BLACK, and i'll order one the day it's released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
as long as it's shiny black, not dull dell black.

Personally, I like the white. Gives off the white appleness

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
I can't imagine that they would do anything extremely dull... Their black version of everything (specifically the iPods) are all shiny shiny shiny!

T

tortoise

Daddy Elmis said:
Is there any practical reason to wait for an intel iBook? I'm about to pull the trigger on an iMac and an iBook for the house (switching from PCs). The iMac has the Intel processors -- will the non-Intel iBook work betterer or worserer with that than an Intel iBook???

If you are buying new Macs, then yes, definitely wait for the intel version of the model you want. If the current intel releases are any indication, it won't really cost anymore and will be far more powerful. Intel is the future of Macs and there's no reason to settle for PPC when the only factor is waiting a while.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.