iPod DeskTop Issuie... If any. iPod Icons on DeskTop (ICONs) on Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
LONG POST WARNING. CALLING ANY EXPERS OUT THERE! ;)

I have two iPods. One 60gig Video and One 30gig iPod Photo.

When I connect my iPods to my Mac, only one shows up on my desktop (iPod Video) and stays there permanently until ejected. The other iPod used to show up and stay there. Now it just shows up to notify me that it is connected, updating to the computer and not to just rip it of the connectors while during or after an update do to possible damage.But the 30gig Ipod Photo disappears after that from the icon and desktop. :confused:

Did I do something wrong or mess something up? Usually, when the iPods are connected you'll see the little iPod icons on the Macintosh desktop screen under you're drive(s). The iPod (black) video is always up there when I connect it to my Comp. and stays up until I use the eject option from iTunes or whatever other method of ejection.

My iPod photo shows up for a sec or 3, updates and then disappears. Any ideas anyone? I'd like to see it up there just so I know what's going on. :confused: :bushman:

I ask because when the iPod Photo Icon doesn't show up (as I said, it shows up for a sec or 2 to 3). I have no idea what its doing. I know its updating or finished updating, then charging. I just dont want to use the eject button from iTunes for the iPod Photo for that just in case of damage situation.

With all that said, how can I have both of those iPod icons on the desktop? Knowing that they are both updating and charging, Id still like to see both iPod icons on the screen no matter what.

Any help is appreciated to those who reply with helpful info on my little issue of a disappearing iPod Photo icon. PLEASE!

With all that said, I've tried many trouble-shootin tactics, repair permission, cleaned caches and I've even took the extreme of re-installing OSX 10.4.5.

Thank s so much for your time in reading this unfortunately long post.

If this post doesn't make any sense, please eel free to contact me anyway you'd like. I would really like some help on this, please.

Thanks in advance for your time and help/suggestiions if possible. :confused: :confused:

EDIT INFO: I think I figured it out. But if anyone still has suggestions, please let me know.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Is it set to automatically sync with itunes? If so i think it will auto-eject once the update is complete.

Go to itunes prefs and check the box that says manually update songs and then check enable disk mode.

Only thing i think it could be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
you don't need to manually update songs! thats a pain in the butt, just make sure enable disk mode is checked under ipiod preferences. this just means you have to eject it manually after it automatically updates.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
macAttack said:
you don't need to manually update songs! thats a pain in the butt, just make sure enable disk mode is checked under ipiod preferences. this just means you have to eject it manually after it automatically updates.
Yup... Thats what it was. There's certain things I do not want on the iPod Video.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.