Got new PowerBook, few questions

Reaction score
I just got a new PowerBook G4 12" last week and so far the experience has been awesome, but I have a few questions.

1. It has been making some weird noise, not mechanical, its coming from some piece of software. It's hard to describe but it sounds like something flying through the air maybe, its like a real quick 'whoosh' sound. If anybody knows what this is and how I can turn it off, I'd appreciate it.

2. How do you uninstall programs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I don't have any experience with that sound so I would not be able to help you track that sound down.

I can however help you wit the uninstalling programs, as that question is really simple and it gets people hung up simply because it is this simple. All you do is drag the program from the applications folder into the trash and empty it. If the program was installed with an installer, then you will need to uninstall it with an uninstaller which should have been provided on the same disk or in the library folder (which you can search for in spotlight)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Does this noise happen after you send something with Mail? If it does, that's the default noise for "Mail Successfully Sent".

OP
J
Reaction score
surfwax95 said:
Does this noise happen after you send something with Mail? If it does, that's the default noise for "Mail Successfully Sent".

Thanks for the replies everybody. I don't think its the mail sound that i'm hearing. It seems like it happens even when mail is closed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
do you happen to have ichat open? when a buddy signs off/on it kind of makes a little whoosh sound.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.