Just got my new, first mac

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
Awesome thanks Tiranis. Wow this computer keeps getting better. Anyone know what to clean the white apple keyboard with?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
Sorry guys more questions. If Im using front row, how can I have the music play but have the screen display nothing? How do I put the computer on sleep? How do I restart and turn off the computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
1) if a program freezes hold down: apple + option + esc then force quit the app.
2) i dont understand
3) go to the top left theres a blue apple, click it and all the options are at the bottom of the menu.

T

Tiranis

[Looks like I was too slow :D ]

To quit a program that has frozen click and hold the program's icon in the dock and then press option [alt] and select "Force Quit".

Also, I don't know why you would want to use Front Row to play music but display nothing. Just use iTunes and black screensaver? Maybe I just don't understand what you mean...

Putting computer to sleep, restarting, and turning off are quire simple tasks... just use the blue Apple logo in the menu bar on top.

Maybe you should just read the beginner's guide that came with your new iMac? I know I had some kind of tutorial bundled with my iMac G5.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
Well for playing music in front row and displaying nothing...I want to play music while Im going to sleep but not have the screen showing anything so it wont be bright. Thanks for the help with the restart stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.