Gone off centre

Reaction score
I know this sounds a bit odd, but I did something with the track pad which has caused the main Apple logo to move permanently towards the lower right of the screen and the main screen display has also moved. I have to keep moving the mouse to view all areas of the screen..I have tried all the settings and fiddling with the track pad to no avail. Any suggestions? It is a Mac Book Pro lap top

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Sounds to me that the display was either "zoomed" in some way…or a display resolution was chosen that is not the computer display's native resolution.

- Nick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Hold down the 'option' and 'command' keys, then press the '-' or '=' (minus or equal) keys to zoom in or out.

Some older versions (maybe just dependent on your system settings), you could hold the 'control' key and use a 2 finger swipe on the trackpad to zooom the whole screen in or out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.