Internet Explorer for Mac

Reaction score
Can IE be used on the Mac OS? I use my Mac for personal and military use, and since I have to use a Common Access Card to access the secure websites....IE tends to work better than Chrome and Safari on these sites. Any help is appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
IE, a long time ago used to be available for OS X, but is not now.

However, there are a couple of ways to get it onto your Mac.
  1. Is to use Crossover from CodeWeavers
  2. Is to use a VM like Parallels or VMFusion
  3. Or Bootcamp.

It really depends on how badly you want to get IE on your Mac :)
If it is just for one Program, I would look at CrossOver first and foremost.

EDIT: I know how you feel though, as it was only in the last 2-3 yrs that the Australian Tax Office was a IE site as well, and there where a huge lot of companies and individuals that couldn't access the site, and we let them know. Maybe someone needs to let the people that run the C.A.C that there is a lot of people using OS X.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Say good bye to IE and say hello to "Spartan" the new browser which will be introduced with Windows 10. Unfortunately, IE will still be hanging around for a long time.

And OP:

You don't need CrossOver to run IE. WineBottler which is free will run it easily.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.