unable to ping

Reaction score
My Mac cannot be pinged from any computer including itself. When I run "ping 127.0.0.1", it gives me the following error. "Request timeout for icmp_seq #" and the number moves up consecutively for each line it attempts. I have no firewall running. The other computers are in the same subnet and one computer is only a few numbers off in the 4th set. I can't locate anything online and I am hoping someone has a solution. Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
So if I understand what you are saying, your computer can not ping any other computers, it can not perform a loop back check by pinging itself, and it can not get on the internet.

You do not say what model or year your computer is nor what version of OS X you are running. So I have no idea if you have an ethernet port or are wireless only. I will say with the trouble shooting you have done indicates that what ever internet connection you are attempting to use is dead - either because the hardware has gone bad or there could be a driver issue.

Hard to offer more without more information.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.