help with multiple mac, multiple users, multiple iphones

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to share itunes accounts, iphoto, between one imac and one macbook pro all on yosemite. I also have airport extreme and a external hard drive connected to it. Is it possible to have the same access on both macs? The main reason for this is that we have 2 iphones plus photos and the macbook pro's hard drive is too small. I would like to have access to photos, and backup iphones to both locations...if it is not clear, please let me know, and I will give more details. Thnaks in advance

Reaction score
you can have access to the iTunes from 5 devices on your account yes you can use the iTunes account however the syncing of the phones to each computer won't work because iTunes remembers what devices where synced with what computer and every time you plug the iPhone into a new computer it wants to format the device and set it up as a new device i would use the computer with the larger drive and honestly upgrade the hard drive in the macbook then use one for one and one for the other.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
All you ever wanted to know about "Family Sharing" and iCloud: LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.