Warrenty Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
I have the Apple Care extended warrenty on my iBook. If I upgrade the RAM to 1GB, will it void that extended warrenty? Thanks. :miner:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
only if you do it yourself or by anyone who isn't Apple certified to do upgrades I think, someone correct if I'm wrong as I also have Applecare and want to do a few upgrades myself.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm, I was planning on upgrading my 512mb to 1GB myself. Can any one confirm this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
nope, if you read through all the warantee stuff that came with it you will notice on the ibook that ram is a user servicable part, meaning it wont void your warantee.

dont buy your ram from apple (too expensive).
-chris

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is there any place that I can get a 1GB ram for under $100.00? All I see is Apple's $300.00 and some websites that are $140.00. Is this a decent price?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now that I am looking into this I am a bit confused. If I want to make my iBook 1GB do i just buy another 512mb ram and install it using the stock one and the new one combined? Or do I have to buy a 1GB ram and phyiscally remove the stock ram?

N

nfs2

There are 2 slots. One already has 512mb, meaning you only have to buy another 512 for a total of 1gb, or buy 1gb for a total of 1.5gb

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.