Sound card and airport card not working 06/07 macbook pro

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro its a late 2006 or 2007, I installed lion fresh and got it loaded to desktop but I notice 2 issues not sure if they are related to each other or simply 2 separate issues at the same time.

I notice the wifi menu at the top right corner of the desktop was not there, I just see search, bluetooth etc. I went to preferences and and wifi doesn't exist basically mac osx does not see the hardware airport card at all.

Also the sound card isn't working because when going to out section in sounds preferences it is blank, and the speaker icon on top right corner of desktop is greyed out cant move the slider.

Anyone know whats going on? is the airport card bad and how about the sound card where is that? Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's possible that you have two separate problems. The WiFi card may be defective which is why you're not seeing it or a WiFi signal. The audio is integrated within your logic board so there is no separate card for it. Check your headphone jack to see if you're getting sound from it or if there is something stuck in it which would turn off the sound. Your MacBook Pro is really too old to be economically repairing it with a new logic board or WiFi card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.