contacts Address Book

Reaction score
Does anyone else dislike the idea of adding one address at a time to an e mail?
I should mention this is on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
With address book I could leave the address book open, and add contacts to an e mail
but with the new address book it only lets me enter one at a time, and then I have to reopen
the contacts to add another.
Maybe I am not doing something right.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Maybe I am a little dense this morning but I'm not exactly understanding your first post. Can you explain a bit more.

If you are trying to send the same e-mail to a consistent group of people that can be done without adding each address. You do that by creating a group in Contacts then entering that group name in the e-mail's address field.

Reaction score
I think what OP means is, in Mail, when you click the + on the right, a "contacts" opens, allowing you to click one contact's email address to the To: line. To add more than one, rinse and repeat.

I think OP would like to click on two or three before the contacts window closes.

I would suggest to OP using autocomplete. If you type the first few letters of an email or name in your contacts in the TO: field, it will fill the rest for you. IMO, the fastest way to address emails. Once the first one is complete, repeat. For example. if you are writing to Mother and Dad, type "mot" and mother will be filled in, then type "dad" and dad will be filled in.

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I hadn't thought of that possibility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.