M.Office Database badly damaged

Reaction score
I cannot even open Outlook because the database is so damaged. How can I re-intsll Office 11 without losing my Xcel, Word & Outlook data files please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
Have you to tried rebuilding the database? If not quit any open Microsoft applications, hold down the option key and launch Outlook. This will open the database manager and give you the option to rebuild the corrupted identity. If you have already attempted this it's certainly worth trying again. If it won't rebuild you should restore your identity from your Time Machine backup. If you don't have a backup and your email account is imap based, then delete your identity and set it up again, you won't lose anything. If you've done all this without success and your email is pop based you've likely lost your Outlook data. In most cases identities that corrupt are very large, usually 40/50GB upwards.

The damaged database is part of your Outlook identity, it contains your email account data. Reinstalling Office won't bring it back, if it's lost it's lost. If all is lost simply delete the Outlook identity and start again by setting up a new one, reconfiguring your email account.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't use Outlook so I'm going to defer to techiesteve's excellent advice here with regards to what to do there.

As for Excel and Word, re-installing those applications will not do anything with your Word documents or Excel spreadsheets - those are separate.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your advice techiesteve & van smith,

I actually have a good 8.7gb copy of the Microsoft database on my (CCC)backup HD, however I can only export 2.33gb of it. The Outlook program always unexpectedly quits at 2.33gb. I have successfully rebuilt the database on the (CCC)BackupHD but still it only exports 2.33gb.

What I really need to know is how should I go about transferring this backup database to my computer internal HD? I am a bit nervous because I don't want to lose all my data which goes back years.

Many thanks again, Paul
PS OsX8.5 Mac Air

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.