My iBook battery falls out all the time. HELP!

R

rockabillyjon

Hi all.

Recent switcher, no complaints. =)
but.

I take my iBook with me to school and back in my messenger bag, and almost every time I reach in to take it out, the little battery release has rotated itself and my battery is ajar and falls off when I pull it outta my bag...

So, has anyone else had this problem?
Does anyone have any ideas as how to remedy this?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

-rockabilly jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
if it really bothers you, take it into an apple store and have them take a look at it. Im guessing its still under warrenty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
is the battery release loose or is there something in your pack that could be rotating it? agree with macefan, take it into the store.

OP
R

rockabillyjon

oi vey

well. i live absolutely no where near an apple store, sadly. I bought my lil'iBook online.

my battery is not loose, nor is the spinny thing. it's just, like is jostles itself loose as i'm walkin around and it bounces around. yea, i know, i shouldn't bounce my laptop around. balh blah . i know. but. this is real life. i gotta carry my junk to school. anywho.

so i was hoping someone would know of a way or a device to gery-rig the little coin-release thing so it wouldn't spin as easily. =)

thanks agian,

-rockabillyjon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
rockabillyjon said:
well. i live absolutely no where near an apple store, sadly. I bought my lil'iBook online.

my battery is not loose, nor is the spinny thing. it's just, like is jostles itself loose as i'm walkin around and it bounces around. yea, i know, i shouldn't bounce my laptop around. balh blah . i know. but. this is real life. i gotta carry my junk to school. anywho.

so i was hoping someone would know of a way or a device to gery-rig the little coin-release thing so it wouldn't spin as easily. =)

thanks agian,

-rockabillyjon

duct tape over the battery release

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
put one of your apple stickers over it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
fearlessfreap24 said:
duct tape over the battery release

lol exactly what i would say, but i like the apple sticker idea also.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I wonder if it's vibrating and turning or whether something in the bag is moving it. If it's the later, the sticker idea would work for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
dtravis7 said:
I wonder if it's vibrating and turning or whether something in the bag is moving it. If it's the later, the sticker idea would work for sure.

If its the previous of the two the sticker idea will work as well, as it will hold the latch in place not only prevent out side object from turning it. :p

OP
R

rockabillyjon

sticker shmicker

well.

As a completely crushing turn of events, I did not recieve any sweet white apple logo stickers with my ibook. I don't know why, there just weren't any in there. lol. I've considered buying some off ebay just because I wanted them so bad.... but I didn't, mostly due to funds. college student.

so.

I liked the duct tape idea. accept duct tape doesn't hold up the aesthetic i love so much about my ibook. so. I've attached some pieces of Scotch Tape. Invisible yet seemingly holding tight!
So far its worked like a charm!
I'll let you all know how it ended up working in a few days.

Thankfully your,
Rockabilly Jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Buy a case for your iBook, something like this that way if the battery does come loose it wont go anywhere as this case sits flush against the iBook. This will also prevent damage to the iBook and/or battery (i.e. scratches from it moving round in your bag)

Sorted :mac:

Regards,

Chris.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.