Can't download Garageband Compatability Update to iMac

jat

Reaction score
Can anyone help me here please...

I have moved some Garageband files from my ipad to my iMac but now when I try to open them a popup appears headed 'Compatability Update', which is shown below.

If you don't cancel, nothing happens (no download, no action in completeness bar) and if you do cancel the popup just reappears and the only way to close Garageband is to force quit.

I have looked in the App store for an update but there is nothing there.

I really need these files on my iMac so all help will be appreciated!

popup.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of Garageband files did you move from your iPad to your iMac? Keeping in mind that Garageband for iOS is not the same as Garageband on your Mac.

OP
J

jat

Reaction score
What kind of Garageband files did you move from your iPad to your iMac? Keeping in mind that Garageband for iOS is not the same as Garageband on your Mac.

they're just .band voice over tracks. From what I've read elsewhere it's possible to move the tracks across but you need this Compatability Update... which won't work for me from the popup and it doesn't seem to be available anywhere else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I found this over on the Apple Forums, keeping in mind, this is the update on the iOS Device . .

I had a similar problem I couldn't get the update to complete to enable me to open an ipad composition on my Macbook. I went into the app store on my Macbook and typed in garageband when the garageband icon appeared it showed that there was an update available. I then clicked it and allowed Garageband to update. Once this was complete I then tried to open the ipad comp again. The compatability box reappeared but this time it was able to complete successfully and now i can open my Ipad comps on my Macbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.