How to change photo date stamps

Reaction score
I bought a new camera but unfortunately the date setting was wrong. I have been trying endlessly for days to correct the date ('date created')

First I used 'A Better Finder Attributes 5' seemed to work great 'till I import photos into iPhoto. Photos are all back to wrong dates. Then I try batch correcting in iPhoto. I change the dates day by day in iPhoto and all seems great. Yay, correct dates display. However when I go to the original files in the iPhoto Library -Ahh, wrong again!

This is driving me nuts!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Before I read your question…I had no idea of the answer. But I did a 5 second Google search…and found a bunch of info. Including this:

How to Change a Photo Date Stamp (6 Steps) | eHow

I cannot vouch for the app. that the article mentions to download…but the article info gives you an idea how to do the editing.

- Nick

Reaction score
Hi

I found a program to do this. It's especially useful if you want to change a whole load at once. Example: I wanted to change the creation date to that of the EXIF date. (The dates had been changed to the import date.) It was a breeze to accomplish this.

Anyway, the program is File Multi Tool 5 and can be found at the App Store.

Cheers Mitcherooney

Reaction score
What they're both trying to tell you is, changing file attributes isn't going to cut it, you need to change the EXIF data, which is embedded in the file itself.
Find an EXIF editor and use that.
Search for "EXIF editor" : MacUpdate
There are probably more...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.