Mac OS 10.10.2 "more printers" button

Reaction score
I was trying to install a Canon LPB6030 printer. On the add printers page, it did not list the required printer. There should be a "more printers" button according to the installation guide, but somehow there were only "Default", "IP" and "Windows". Is this a bug? What can I do?

M

MacInWin

Not a bug, that window only shows printers the OS can see connected or by WiFi. Is the printer connected?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Connected via USB and powered on? You will need a USB connection before going to WiFi.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thank you, MacInWin and Harryb2448 for your reply. The USB was connected. In fact, at some point of time, I could see the name of the printer when the USB cable was connected, which seemed that the system reported that it had detected a newly connected device. According to the installation guide, after running the CAPT printer installation package, we should add the printer into the printer list. However, in the "add printer" window, the printer did not appear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into Applications and delete the software. As we do not know the brand or model of your printer, maybe OS X provides the necessary software.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
This page has Mac Yosemite drivers for the Canon ImageCLASS LBP6030w. See if that fixes the problem.

Suggest you follow their directions carefully. Some of the Canon printers seem to be a bit temperrmental.

Last edited:
OP
W
Reaction score
I am sorry, Slydude, but I cannot open the page you mentioned. After clicking on the link, the browser reload this page after a refresh.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
OP
W
Reaction score
Thank you, Slydude. I will download the driver from the url and give it a try. I am not at the site. Probably, I will have to feedback next week.

OP
W
Reaction score
I would like to follow up the results of the drivers. The driver downloaded from
Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : imageCLASS LBP6030w (as suggested by Slydude) still failed. However, installation of the printer driver as finally successful by copying the installer downloaded on a macbook some time ago from
CAPT Printer Driver Ver.3.67 for Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10

The mystery is that I could not make it work when I downloaded the installer from the very same URL before I screamed for help here. I repeated the download-and-install process several times before I gave up. I am thinking of comparing the two installer files downloaded between the iMac and the Macbook. At this time, I am really puzzled how this can happen.

Thank again Slydude and others who have attempted to help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.