Mini versus iMac

C

caveatipss

Ok. I can afford a Mini very soon, but to save for an iMac would take me about 6 months or so. What should I do? I have the fever! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
If your current computer is working for you.. wait the 6 months..The imac has a faster proccessor, a better video card, can have more ram in it, comes with a screen, comes with a apple keyboard, apple mouse.. etc.

OP
C

caveatipss

Well, that's the thing. My PC desktop is totally fried, and the laptop I am using is losing keys, mouse function, screen is on the blink, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Get the mac mini, over time you can upgrade it with newer parts if you are confident in changing things. There is information elsewhere on these forums, giving detailed instructions on how to over time add things like a 2.0ghz core duo processor instead of the 1.67 one that comes with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
PowerBookG4 said:
Get the mac mini, over time you can upgrade it with newer parts if you are confident in changing things. There is information elsewhere on these forums, giving detailed instructions on how to over time add things like a 2.0ghz core duo processor instead of the 1.67 one that comes with it.

cha-ching!

OP, whatcha want to do with your computer? That's the biggest determining factor. Tell us what you're going to use it for and we'll give advice on what to get :)

OP
C

caveatipss

PowerBookG4 said:

oooh I love modding! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Well, if you can wait the 6 months, it's REALLY worth it (trust me).

I say you get a mini now, then save up for a macbook pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.